Vehicle Registrations for at Least 90 Days after Driver Services Facilities Reopen
Encourages residents to use online services during office closures through April 30 due to COVID-19
Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White announced today his office filed emergency rules extending
expiration dates for driver’s licenses, identification (ID) cards, vehicle registrations and other
transactions and document filings for at least 90 days after Driver Services facilities reopen. The
previous extension was for 30 days.
“Extending expiration dates by at least 90 days after Driver Services facilities reopen is the right thing to
do,” said White. “It will ensure driver’s licenses, ID cards and vehicle registrations remain valid during
this pandemic and will help alleviate the rush of customers visiting facilities once they reopen.”
Following Governor Pritzker’s Stay-at-Home order, White closed Driver Services facilities to the public
through April 30. While facilities are closed to the public, White is encouraging residents to go to
www.cyberdriveillinois.com to take advantage of many online services – such as renewing vehicle
registration stickers – from the comfort of their own home. People who conduct online transactions will
further help to reduce the number of face-to-face transactions that will occur at Driver Services facilities
once they reopen.
Some of these online services include:
• renewing a vehicle registration;
• applying for a vehicle title and registration;
• obtaining a duplicate driver’s license or ID card;
• obtaining a driving record abstract;
• renewing a standard driver’s license with the Safe Driver Renewal program.
“My commitment is to do everything we can to help protect the health and safety of our residents, while
still providing services to the people of Illinois,” said White. “This will, and must, continue to be the
guiding principle of our decision making.”
About Bus Transportation Services
School Bus Driver Refresher Course Information
The date of the annual refresher training shall be computed as follows:
- The first refresher training following initial training must be completed within one year (365 days) from the date of initial training. The date of the first refresher training will be known as the anniversary date.
- In the event that an individual completes subsequent refresher training between the actual anniversary date and 60 days prior to that anniversary date, the next annual anniversary date will not change. In the event refresher training is completed more than 60 days prior to the anniversary date, the date the driver completes the refresher training will become the new annual anniversary date.
Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 7412, effective April 21, 2011
If Their Bus Driving Permit Lapses
(Example: expired May 1 and it’s now May 15)
- They have a 30-day grace period from the expiration date, to get all paperwork completed and turned in.
- They cannot continue to drive during this grace period. They can only drive after the school bus driver’s permit has been reinstated.
- If this timeline is not met (30 days), the driver would have to start over at the initial training stage as if they had never driven a bus before.
2021 Bus Driver Training Schedule
Additional Initial classes may be add if necessary - contact Lyle Wind
Pre-registration is required for all classes by completing the pre-registration form online at roe51.org.
Bus employers will be charged for drivers who are a "no show" at classes for which they are registered.
Classes may be cancelled do to insufficient enrollment
Initial Bus Driver Class:
Date: October 16 & 17
Location of Training: CACC Conference Room B - 2201 Toronto Rd. Springfield, IL 62712 (Enter Main Entrance - Southeast door - (Entrance on left as you are facing the building).
Time: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm - Arrive no later than 7:45 am
Working Lunch - bring food and drinks for the day
Materials: Bring an ink pen to complete forms
MUST REGISTER BEFORE: Monday September 25, 2023- 12:00pm
Questions: Contact Tara Tabit - at 217-753-6620 or email@example.com
Lyle Wind - 217-741-1245 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* BUS EMPLOYERS WILL BE CHARGED FOR ALL DRIVERS WHO ARE A "NO
SHOW" AT CLASSES FOR WHICH THEY ARE REGISTERED
** A $10.00 Late Registration fee may be applied
* * * Classes may be canceled because of insufficient enrollment
Individuals must prepay if your District is not paying for you before you attend the class.
You may use the PayPal option on our website under services or pay at the ROE Office
prior to the training. The instructor cannot take payment at the training.
LOCATIONS / DIRECTIONS
ROE 51 Office: 2201 South Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, IL 62703
From North: Travel South on I-55 take Exit 96B for Illinois 29 toward South Grand Ave. Merge IL-29W toward South Grand Avenue – Turn left onto South Dirksen Parkway travel about 1 mile – ROE #51 is on right
From South: Keep right at the fork to stay on I-55 North, follow signs for I-73East/Chicago/Decatur. Take exit 96B for IL-29W toward South Grand Avenue – Turn left onto South Dirksen Parkway travel about 1 mile – ROE #51 is on right
Ball Chatham Bus Garage
From North: Travel South on 5th Street (5th Street becomes I-55 South), Continue on I-55 South, Take Exit #88.East Lake Drive veer right onto Palm Road, go 1.2 miles turn right on Chatham Road, Go 0.5 miles to 481 Chatham Road, Turn right into the Chatham Intermediate School Parking Lot, Follow the Drive on the West end of the parking lot behind the school to the Bus Garage.
From South: Travel North on I-55, Take Exit #88 East Lake Drive turn left onto Palm Road, go 1.4 miles turn right on Chatham Road, Go 0.5 miles to 481 Chatham Road, Turn right into the Chatham Intermediate School Parking Lot, Follow the Drive on the West end of the parking lot behind the school to the Bus Garage
First Student: 555 South Dirksen Parkway Building #2, Springfield, IL 62702
From North:From I55 South take Exit 98B for Illinois 97 West Clear Lake Ave, Merge onto IL 97 E / East Clear Lake Ave, Turn Left onto South Dirksen Parkway Destination will be on the right.
From South: Enter Springfield on I-55 North. Take Exit 96B to merge onto Illinois 29 North towards South Grand. Turn right onto South Dirksen Parkway. Destination will be on the left.