Our testing center will be open for limited testing hours. Testing is available from 10 AM- 2 PM. In order to be eligible to test, you must certify the following:
- You have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 or been in close personal contact with someone who has a confirmed diagnosis.
- You have had no flu-like symptoms in the last fourteen days, such as fever or chills and a cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath.
- You are not under a 14 day home or centralized observation demanded by government and healthcare authorities.
- You have not travelled or been in close personal contact with someone who has recently travelled outside of the United States within the last 14 days.
You will be required to follow these guidelines before being allowed entrance to the building:
- You will have your temperature taken with a contactless thermal sensor at your forehead. If your temperature is above 99° F, you will be asked to reschedule your exam for a different day.
- Bring and wear your own face mask before entering the office and in the testing room. The mask will be inspected prior to entering the test room.
- Use hand sanitizer upon guidance from test center staff upon arrival at the test center.
Our office is still offering students the opportunity to take the Constitution Test. Testing is available by appointment only, Monday through Friday from 9 am to 2 pm. Please call 217-753-6620 to schedule an appointment, or email Marcie Walters at email@example.com.
The Sangamon/Menard Regional Office of Education is approved by Pearson VUE to offer General Education Development (GED®) Testing for individuals who have not earned a high school diploma. Successfully completing each content area of the GED® and the United States and Illinois constitution requirements, candidates will be awarded the Illinois High School Equivalency Certificate, which may be needed for college admissions, employment/promotion or induction into the armed service.
Our testing lab is open on the following days:
- Monday through Thursday, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Our testing lab is open for the Constitution Test Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
GED Online Payment
Preparation classes for the GED® Test are offered at our local adult education Programs.
- Lawrence Education Center (217) 525-3144
- Lincoln Land Community College (217) 786-2200
Study materials and practice tests are also available through the MyGED® portal at ged.com.
Certificate and Transcripts
HOW TO REQUEST A GED TRANSCRIPT/CERTFICATE/VERIFICATION THROUGH OUR WEBSITE:
- Click on the "GED Request Form" on the upper right hand corner of this page.
- Click "download" and download the fillable PDF.
- Submit the completed form along with a copy of a valid, state or government issued ID, and payment to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 217.535.3166
- Mail: 2201 South Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, IL 62703
Payments must be submitted through the PayPal link directly to the right of the GED Verification Form (yellow icon) OR through a check or money order mailed to 2201 South Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, IL 62703. If mailing a payment, please indicate the student's name on the form of payment in the memo line.
It is the policy of the Sangamon Menard Regional Office of Education #51 that we are unable to accept any outside requests/forms. Only our form, which can be found at the top right corner of this page, will be accepted. We are also unable to process any request that does not have a copy of a state or government issued photo ID attached. Failure to submit proper required forms and ID will result in our inability to process your request.