Our testing lab is open on the following days:
- Mondays, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Wednesdays, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
- Thursdays, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Our testing lab is open for the Constitution Test Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm. No appointment is necessary to take the Constitution Test.
Preparation classes for the GED® Test are offered at our local adult education Programs.
- Lawrence Education Center (217) 525-3144
- Lincoln Land Community College (217) 786-2200
Study materials and practice tests are also available through the MyGED® portal at ged.com.
Illinois High School Equivalency Certificates and/or Official Transcripts can be obtained in person or ordered and payment made online by completing the Certificate/Transcript Form and making payment to the Sangamon-Menard Regional Office of Education. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing your request.
Official Transcript………. $10.00
Please note that due to ICCB regulations, we are not able to process walk-in requests for GED certificates and transcripts until after 8:30 AM. Thank you.
HOW TO REQUEST A GED TRANSCRIPT/CERTFICATE/VERIFICATION THROUGH OUR WEBSITE:
- Click on the "GED Request Form" on the upper right hand corner of this page.
- Click "download" and download the fillable PDF.
- Submit the completed form along with a copy of a valid, state or government issued ID, and payment to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 217.535.3166
- Mail: 2201 South Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, IL 62703
Payments must be submitted through the PayPal link directly to the right of the GED Verification Form (yellow icon) OR through a check or money order mailed to 2201 South Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, IL 62703. If mailing a payment, please indicate the student's name on the form of payment in the memo line.
It is the policy of the Sangamon Menard Regional Office of Education #51 that we are unable to accept any outside requests/forms. Only our form, which can be found at the top right corner of this page, will be accepted. We are also unable to process any request that does not have a copy of a state or government issued photo ID attached. Failure to submit proper required forms and ID will result in our inability to process your request.